Friday, April 11, 2014

We Made It Through Week One!

What a beautiful day it was today!  My daughter Michelle is here so we went golfing.  We walked the course instead of getting a cart and I loved that - it felt great!  At least it felt great until I got blisters from my golf shoes - I'll have to work on that. I actually did the last three holes in my sock feet!
Another thing I did right today is that I made dinner this morning before we left because I knew we would be getting back right at dinner time and I didn't want to stress and eat something inappropriate under pressure.  I made a delicious yam and kale soup and with the leftover kale we made kale chips.  I also made some delicious homemade bread yesterday which satisfies the
carb cravings tremendously!  I usually put butter and homemade jam (the kind filled with sugar) on my slice, but homemade bread is so yummy I ate it without anything on it and still enjoyed it immensely :)  This morning I did put a pat of peanut butter on it though.
We passed the Baker's Boutique today and Michelle asked if it's still there.  I told her yes and if my car were here it would have pulled right in on autopilot!  I am getting ready to send my points to Sally.  I do have some negative points with birthday cake and all last weekend, but overall it's been a great week, I've lost some weight, I may have craved some sugar a bit, but I have not been at all hungry.  I'm excited for next week!!  Thanks to all of you for helping me get off to a good start!!

1 comment:

  1. Your dinner sounds so good! I feel like week one went well, it's crazy to think this will go on for so many more weeks. I feel hopeful that I can drop the rest of my weight. I've lost a little this week, too. I'm friends with Many from Baker's Boutique and every time I see a pictures of those cupcakes my mouth waters. Golfing sounds fun. It was great weather today.

    ReplyDelete