Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day 6


Things are still going well with me.  Now that I can't have treats, I'm craving whole wheat bread.  I find that when I'm starting to come off of sugar I start craving carbohydrates.  Our bodies need carbohydrates but I'm looking for them to give me a little boost, like when I'm tired or sad.  Whole grains help and last a little longer.

I have realized that I don't eat a lot of fruit. It's been nice having the 5 servings of fruits or vegetables.  I sometimes have a banana for breakfast but now I've added an apple or asian pear in the afternoon.  I'm craving something right now but it's almost bed time so I'm close to making it.  I'm working now and it sounds like a nice break to have something to eat. I keep trying to drink a glass of water when I feel like grabbing food.

Actually, these  apples would be really good with peanut butter.

This week has gone really fast.  I'll gather points from you at some point but I have to check when.

I'm enjoying trying to make a habit of not eating in the evenings and not eating my kids left over food. For some reason, in the past, I just consider it free calorie free food.  For a while I kept eating their left over pancakes and syrup.  So good.  Thanks for joining in on this with me. I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment